Sunday, July 10, 2011

Extreme Couponing fraud ?

Although this may not be new news to many folks out there, my mother was watching the local news this evening as I was cleaningup the kitchen and she said that a woman was arrested for stealing coupons. I googled it and found it was a story from about a week ago. The woman is denying the charges but she could face a $4,000 fine and a year in jail if found guilty.

The story: Coupon Thief: Texas Woman Arrested for Stealing Coupons

The other story I ran across is a good bit more interesting. (Again, an old story but new to me) It appears that a woman that appeared on TLC's Extreme Couponing show may have been using UPC decoding as a method of matching coupons to sales . I never knew such a method existed and I was amazed that many seasoned couponers caught still shots of the show as "evidence"(?)

Get that story here: Was coupon fraud shown on TLC's Extreme Couponing?


And I thought the mom making her kid dumpster dive was bad. (well, yeah that one still tops it in my book)

Oh, by the way...there is a great $5 off coupon for the new DVD release of RANGO. Get it while it lasts! Rango coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment